Thursday, January 31, 2008

would you want to see your kids only on weekends?

For this month til February, I am attending some GST classes at the Tax Academy of Singapore. Just like any other classes, students would make chika during breaks.

While on a chika break, me and some other locals were talking about the difficult situation of looking after a child when you have a full time job.
Like, classmate 1 had to knock off at exactly 6pm because she has to pick up her kids from the baby sitter's place.

Classmate 2 told us about her neighbor, who leaves her kid at the baby sitter's place while she goes to work. Nothing wrong, it seems. But guess what, she actually leaves her kid with the baby sitter Mondays to Fridays (as in the kid stays there for five full days ha), and the mom just gets the kid on weekends.

Whew! I don't think I can stand just seeing my child only on weekends! It's like being divorced and granted only weekend visitation rights by the courts!

No comments: