Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Holland V !!!

(A long overdue post)

After staying in areas with exotic-sounding names (like Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang, Jalan Rumah Tinggi), we now have an address that can be pronounced correctly by anyone hahaha. Babaw.

I am a product of a "lipat-bahay family". When we were young, we would always move from one apartment to another every year. But I never really learned the ropes of packing for a move. In fact, I really hate it. Even though I am excited about the move, I really wasn't looking forward to do those packing. Good thing, my hubby is a superman when it comes to these things. Plus the fact that some friends were there to help us out. I think the only stuff that I personally packed were my kitchen things and my books.

My simple goal for this move is not to rush the packing. Two weeks before our move, we started packing already. First, my books and those stuff that we don't really use on a daily basis. I went through my clothes and donated those that are still wearable but (haaay) can't fit me anymore. Then a day before the move, I packed my kitchen stuff. All the rest of our things, it was hubby who was in charge of packing them.

Hubby initially wanted to just rent a lorry (small truck) without the movers. He said that he and Joel can manage to carry the stuff just by themselves. But the night before our move, we saw all the boxes and realised that if they carry it on their own, they would have to go on MC for one week. Talk about four years of accumulated rubbish. Hahha.

It's almost a month now after the move, and I can say we've pretty much settled in our new place already. Our Holland V flat is not as spacious as the one in Choa Chu Kang, but we'll manage. But the kitchen is spacious, yehey! It's my favorite tambayan in the house!

I love the fact that across from us is a 24-hour Cold Storage, a street of bars, pubs, coffee shops and restos. For the past weeks, we go out drinking na nakapambahay lang. Hehehe e madalas naman kasi dun kami sa cheap lang umiinom kasi mahal ang alak dito--to quote Joel: tipirin mo na lahat dito pwera lang ang bisyo dahil sa mahal nya, di ka talaga makakatipid. So if we feel like going out to drink even late at night e ok lang cuz it's just a stone's throw away lang. Also, our place is just a 20-minute bus ride to Tanglin and Orchard. There's Royale Tanglin Golf Course that's just a few minutes away. Eye Lovet!

Although I kind of got sad that we moved AGAIN (!), I love the fact that moving to a new place refreshes me. It's like a new start for me. Lately, I've been thinking of finally leaving Singapore...I've thought about moving to Australia before having kids...and it's lately that I've been mulling over moving to another country. Of course, it's not an overnight decision so Jun and I should think AND prepare for it. So after Singapore, where could our next home be? The wanderlust in me is acting up again...

Four years of accumulated rubbish

Bye bye housemates Gamby and Kat! And goodbye houseghost Aaron!

Shaffaan was our first visitor. We had a late-night move and by the time we got to the new place, Shaf was waiting at the lobby with dinner (so thoughtful) cuz he knew we would be too busy to think about dinner...

2 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

uy, ang ganda ng place. And ang dami mong books!! Akin na lang yun iba!! =) hehehe. Alam mo ba, lahat ng books na binili ko ngayon ay puro k Anton? He loves books soo much -- like mommy like baby. I hope he grows up to be a voracious reader like us. Anyways, about the books -- akin na lang yung tapos mo na!! =) Will save you some space if you give it to me. hehehe

Michelle said...

It's so nice to know that Anton loves books!!! Can I just say--like mother, like Ninang, like baby! hahaha!!!

Yeah ang dami ngang books, and some of them nga I haven't finished reading. Pag namatay ako e ipapamana ko sila sayo. hehe.