Thursday, January 15, 2009

my newest favorite dish

Since I am still lazy to post pics and tell you about my Manila vacay, let me just share with you my newest favorite dish.

Ate Ella shared with me how to make this very simple dish. It's so simple that you only need two ingredients: enoki mushrooms and bacon (your preferred brand). Teriyaki Boy sells this bacon-wrapped enoki mushrooms. But Ate Ella showed me how simple it is to make. (Note: Ate Ella and I are certified bacon lovers.)

So anyway, look at the picture and you probably know now how to make it. Just cut off the mushrooms from the roots, then wrap them in thinly sliced bacon (tip: use toothpicks to secure them while frying in very little oil). I don't even season with salt or pepper because it's great as it is, especially if you use really good bacon.

It's so yummy! I'm planning to make it my ulam (pde ring fingerfood) everyday for the next two weeks. Hahaha! It's so yummy, that my hubby--who doesn't like bacon at all--found it delicious when I cooked some for him the other day. My family and relatives loved it too when I prepared them during our get together on my last weekend in Manila.

And preparing it here in Singapore is cheap, because a pack of 100g of enoki is just around 50 cents, and there are many varieties of bacon you can choose from, depending on your budget and taste. I'm planning to prepare some for my Muslim friends, but using turkey bacon.

Happy eating :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, looks yummy nga! Uy, post pics na!!! Or send me the pics via email =)