Tuesday, June 3, 2008

tuloy ang ligaya

Knowing that we need to move out by June 15th gave us a lot of stress. After four viewings, we almost resigned ourselves to the fact that we may never get a flat that we like--one that is near the city, yet well-maintained and affordable.




Our first two viewings were disappointments. Although it was within the location that we want (Tiong Bahru/Redhill area and Boon Keng), the flat was so old and small that it felt like you were in a pigeon hole. The third flat we viewed was almost bearable, being in the heart of Bugis (as in just behind the Bugis Junction) and walking distance to Chijmes, Bras Basah, etc. BUT it was old and the first three stories consists of a market place. It would feel like living in the Bronx or something.




Then, bad news came. Instead of moving out in July, the owner informed us the other day that we need to move by the 15th of June. Omg! That's like 2 weeks. 2 weeks to find a new place? At a time when the Singapore property rental is at its peak? Are you kidding me or are you kidding me? Owner said it had something to do with their Chinese calendar--that they need to move out for auspicious reasons.




Then yesterday, we had a schedued viewing at Holland Village. I didn't want to keep my hopes up anymore. I had to manage my expectations. We had a limited budget but we are very particular with the flat condition and its location.




Then, just like I always do when my big fat arse is in deep sh*t, I PRAYED. REALLY REALLY HARD. Prayed like there was no tomorrow. Prayed even while cooking. Prayed while folding clothes. Prayed while ironing.




So yesterday afternoon, we went to the viewing. My keen eye started to take down my observations while alighting from the bus stop: conveniently located-check. near the bus stop-check. surrounding area is maaliwalas-check. building in good condition-check. near a shopping mall-check. rental rate-within the budget (but can still haggle, hopefully.)




Upon getting off the lift, the agent opened the door, and when Jun and I saw the flat, we looked at each other and almost blurted out "ok we'll get it". But of course, we didn't want to sound too eager. It looks even better than our Choa Chu Kang flat.




Okay, to make a long story less long (heheh). We signed the contract this evening. The owner, who's in Vietnam for a three-year overseas assignment, did not say yes to our "tawad" but we decided to get it. The location and the flat was just too good to pass on.




Joel will still be staying with us while Jun and I will occupy the other room.




THANK YOU KUYA JESS FOR ALWAYS, ALWAYS BEING OUR SAVIOR TALGA. I guess despite all my kabaliwans, I still do something good because you keep answering my prayers! You may not answer in the exact way I want to be answered, but you surround me with good people and you give me strength and wisdom to just carry on despite everything...




Ok enough drama...here's a glimpse of the next TULOY ANG LIGAYA RESIDENCE:













More kwentos, rants and pang-ookrays to follow!


No comments: