Monday, October 6, 2008

For hubby's 31st birthday...

...we will be spending it here.

(that is, if everything goes through as planned.)

photo: Roro Fernandez

Bintan is probably the fastest beach getaway from Singapore. We cannot really consider Sentosa or the nearby Malaysia beaches as getaways because they're not so nice. And as a Filipino, your beach standards are kind of higher compared to other people.

Hubby will be turning 31 this Saturday. He made a clear point that he did not want any parties. But I still want to celebrate his birthday so a week before his birthday, I decided to ask around whether it would be good to go to Bintan on that weekend. Unfortunately, the resort that we wanted to stay in is fully booked already, so we'll just go for the Nirwana resort in Bintan. At least we still get to runaway for the weekend.

I'll be booking the cottage tomorrow. Ida of BRF Holidays Pte Ltd will be the one taking care of our package. I'm not expecting a lot from Nirwana resort because I know it ain't the best in Bintan. I just hope it's not bad enough to ruin our vacation.

Believe it or not, I haven't had a decent holiday in almost two years! Except for the occasional trips to Malaysia, but that's not even considered a holiday at all.

photo: Candy Chu-Chao

So I can't wait to feel the sand between my toes (sand at the East Coast is NOT considered sand!It's more of cement!). There's a chance that it might rain on those days but I don't care! No rain will ruin my parade heheh.

1 comment:

La NiƱa said...

"And as a Filipino, your beach standards are kind of higher compared to other people."


So true! hahaha. Sometimes people think I'm such a snob when I say that a lot of beaches are not as nice as Boracay.