Saturday, February 21, 2009

STO, no mo'

Llast friday, I signed my name as usual in one of the "corres". And that would be the last time I sign my name as an officer for IRAS. So as a remembrance, I took a photo.

I felt like taking a photo of the sunset as viewed from the 20th level of RH. Sunsets meant the end of another day, just like this was the end of another job for me.

And here's a snapshot of my futile attempt to be organised:

Some things I'd miss in IRAS: working with my team, my fave girl sunitha, the five-day work week, my work station and the (almost) thousand-dollar chair. oh and the coffee and tea at level 5.

Some things I won't miss in IRAS: the very inconvenient smoking area, the irate taxpayers, the need to stay back after work to finish stuff, the job itself (haha). and the frustration.

Before and After

Before:

and after packing:

Why?

IRAS is a good place to work in. A lot of people asked me why I'd want to leave a government job when it's one of the most stable positions in Singapore. And my only answer: "I'm not happy because it's not just for me. It's not something I'd want to do for the rest of my life. I can stay, but I would just be a floater." I felt like recording those lines and have them played when someone asks me the "why's" of moving on. i can never be happy in a job if I am just a mediocre at it. Because I hate mediocrity. There, i said it. whew.


I didn't want to waste my time doing something that I realised I did't love. So when opportunity came, I grabbed it. I'm looking forward to my new job. I think it will be more fulfilling and fun. Can't wait to start. :)


Proud to be Pinoy

On my last day, I wore a LOVE MANILA shirt. Oh and as a souvenir, I gave my team a CD compilation of songs by pinoy artists (both original and covers)--mostly love songs. Someone said it was one of the most unique "goodbye" gifts she received. While I was burning the songs on a CD, i realised that the best pinoy songs are the tagalog ones pala.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yep, i agree. The best Pinoy love songs are written, well, in Filipino. =)

Goodluck on your job, Chie. Life is too short for mediocrity!