Monday, November 17, 2008

it's ok to be depressed today

Nana went back to Manila today. She decided to retire and maybe set up a small business in the Philippines.

I went to see her off at the airport this morning. How I hate seeing friends and family off. It makes me cry buckets of tears. I hate goodbyes. Even if (as the song goes) goodbye "doesn't mean forever" and it "doesn't mean we'll never be together again". (Yes, it is one of my favourite songs.)

On the surface, I may be sad because she left, but really, I'm happy for her because she'll finally be home. Really happy. I prayed that she be enlightened that it is indeed time for her to go back.

Without Nana here, my life here in Singapore will not be the same again. I will miss her so, but I shall see her whenever I go back to Manila.

As I left the airport to go to the office, I told myself: "I will never make hatid sa airport ever again!" I know I can't live up to what I just said, but really, I hate saying goodbyes--fleeting or not, it still means things will not be the same again.

So I'm depressed today, as my friend L told me today: "Give yourself today to be depressed." And I did, and I still have about two hours to be so.

No comments: