Thursday, December 4, 2008

groaning pains

Lately, I've been groaning while sleeping. How do I know? Because I wake up when it happens. And don't mistake it for snoring. According to my research, snoring (technically) happens when you inhale, while groaning happens when you exhale.

And it bothers me 'cuz when I suddenly wake up because of it, I get this anxious feeling--like my heart is palpitating and I feel like I drank 5 cups of coffee in one hour. You know that feeling when someone tells you: "I need to tell you something, but please don't be angry, okay?" Then you get all praning and anxious about that person's news.




I thought it was just a case of nocturnal groaning or catathrenia. But it doesn't just happen at night. It also happens whenever I am about to go into a deep sleep--whether I am in my office's lounge (catching a power nap) or in the bus (dyahe sa katabi ko hehe), it really doesn't matter. I will just suddenly wake up when I realise I am groaning.


And it's not a "seductive" way of groaning. It's more like a "hmmm"--in a tone like "Hmmm baket? Ano kailangan mo?" Hehe. It bothers me because my sleep gets disrupted. And you know how difficult it is for me to go to sleep so I don't like it when I suddenly wake up when I'm just about to go into a deep one.

I think I should really check myself into SGH's Sleep Disorder Unit. Let me find out if it's covered by my CPF account. I wonder what they will do to me there. Maybe it's even like a spa experience! Cool!


Come to think of it, I've been having sleeping problems since high school so maybe it's high time I do something about it. I want to wake up early, sleep less and live more. I've tried these things but didn't really work for me. And now I have this groaning problem that interrupts my sleep. No wonder I am always grouchy when I wake up!

No comments: