Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bonifacio: The newest Pinoy restau in SG

Got word that Bonifacio's opening is on Saturday.

The e-flyer looks good. I hope it's a decent Pinoy restau with really good chibog at reasonable prices. God knows we need something like that here in Singapore. There's one at Marina Square but it doesn't really have the "umph" that I was expecting. And there's another pinoy restau in the east (not sure if it's still there though) that "changes appearance" at night, so you gotta go there before 9pm lest you be mistaken for a "seedy character". And let's not even talk about those Pinoy nooks at TP (Tanjong Pagar). We all know Pinoys who frequent the area don't really go there for the Pinoy cuisine, if you get what I mean. (What I meant was, they go there for the CHEAP BEER. Hahah.) And of course, those in LP (Lucky Plaza)--who would want to hangout in a carinderia in LP, right? You just go there for a quick fix, to answer your pinoy taste buds' craving for that leche flan or diniguan, and nothing more.

I'm familiar with the area where Bonifacio is located. It's kinda near Chinatown area. Oh, I can actually take any bus that goes to Eu Tong Sen, then I can just get off at or opposite Pearl Centre, then walk all the way up to Kreta Ayer. I wonder if the restau is way up Kreta Ayer and if it would pass my "walking distance" standard. I really hate walking, and Kreta Ayer is kinda "slopey" pa. Wth, I bet magtataxi naman ako nyan.

Maybe hubby and I can go there this weekend, been a while since we explored a new restau, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will try this one out this week
woohoo!!
mike
www.gourmandtales.wordpress.com