Friday, March 27, 2009

$348

The first quarter of the year is about to end. It's time to re-evaluate what the hell happened in the past three months. What have I accomplished? What have I done the past three months? What new problems have come up. Ooohh serious much?

As hubby and I were talking about "restructuring" our budget (read: magtipid), we computed all our expenses again. As in all our expenses. I listed down all my expenses, including my facial treatment. But I forgot to include our yosi budget. So I was like......let's see, we buy a pack a day, and we are able to share it between us...so that's $11.60 a day times 30 days in a month. So that's $348...this doesn't even include those times that we get to puff extra because we're out or having some drinks (or just too stressed).

Wait. What???? $348?

$348???

Holy guacamole! That's enough to cover a maid's monthly levy. And we kept thinking that the levy is such a burden in the pocket, when we can actually just quit smoking and use the money to fork out the levy for our (future) kids' yaya...

Not only that.

$348 is also enough money to cover two months' worth of facial treatments and eyebrow waxing...

$348 is enough money to buy around 6 pairs of shoes at Charles and Keith...

$348 is enough dough to cover airfare tickets to Manila.

$348 is enough to cover our PUB bills (and maybe even our internet and cable bills)

$348 would be enough to buy a new handphone, or a branded wallet or purse.

I want to feel worse... so let me see... since we've lived in Singapore for about four years and three moths...that's fifty one months in total...and let's say, for uniformity's sake, we just use the current retail price of a pack, which is $11.60...then that means, we have spent an estimated amount $17,748 on freakin' cigarettes alone.

$17,748! That's about Php530,000 !!!

Am I correct anot?

Parang gusto ko biglang mag quit.

Teka nga, napayosi ako sa pagcocompute ko. Hehehe.

Shet.

I promise to cut down. Seriously.

No comments: