Thursday, April 17, 2008

David Cook (and why I love AI)

Reports show that throughout American Idol history, this year gets the lowest ratings/audience share of all. But what the heck, inspite of Paula’s cheesy and uber weird metaphors, I still love watching it. And the top, if not the only, reason why I love watching AI is I get to hear people sing other singer’s songs, singing it in a different way, giving it their personal style (not the Ken Lee style ha!)

It’s like listening to your friends sing inside a videoke room. But this one’s on a higher level shempre (because 75% of my friends can and should only sing inside the bathroom. That doesn’t include you, Pristine!)

I’ve never had a favorite contestant. Ever. I don’t like pa-sweet people (think Kristy Lee Cook and Brooke whatever) and AI is so full of them. I mean, after each season, I would usually forget them. But this year is different.

David Cook.

As Simon says: It’s like getting out of karaoke hell and finally breathing fresh air.

If you haven’t seen these videos yet, click click click!

These are two of my most favorite AI performance of ALLL time!

David Cook’s version of Hello by Lionel Richie and Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey.

I so so so lovet!!!






No comments: