Saturday, April 5, 2008

guess who's back on the block?

I'm Michelle and I'm a Leo. (You won't get this if you're not an authentic NKOTB fan.)


Hahaha. Can you believe it, after more than 14 years, NKOTB is coming out with an album again! It's official, they're having a reunion!


In my teenage years, I was an official NKOTB fan. When they had their first concert in Manila, I was there in Rizal Stadium, 3rd row!!! (Next to NKOTB, I loved Debbie Gibson, too!)


But you do have to admit, despite NKOTB's cheesy songs (now I say "cheesy", but back then it was the soundtrack of my life!), they started a new genre of boy bands and all.


They appeared recently on Today show and of course they looked older but some things never change--Donnie was still the spokesman of the group and Joey was still a hottie! Instead of screams from teenagers, you hear women in their late 20s and 30s screaming their hearts out (I kinda want to cringe when I hear the screams). Click here to watch their appearance.


Just like Donnie (my favorite), Joey, Jorday, Jon and Donnie, I had to experience the applause and the boo-boos of my life. I had to grow old too. And change. Meet other people. Get interested in other things. But despite all these, in the deep, deep part of my heart, I will always remain an NKOTB fan!



I guess the best thing that came out of this is that I will always have five girls that I've shared a bond with because of this NKOTB fan thingie. It's such a nice feeling to know that you have mutual memories with five different people who you don't see anymore (and probably never will). Hey Julie, Mariel, Trisha, Fritzie, Judy!


I LOVE YOU, DONNIE! MARRY ME! ahahaha. This was my shoutout back then.


Now, Joey is still a singer (check out his songs here, not bad eh.), married to real estate agent and has a kid. Jon has a real estate firm in Boston and is still single. Donnie, who turned into an actor, is married and has two kids now. Danny is divorced with four kids and is a sales exec in some firm. Jordan is a record producer and is married with two kids.


So who was your favorite New Kid?


Sometime late 1980s to early 1990s



The official reunion photo

No comments: